Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely! The device has a one-switch control and can work on its own. You can slide the switch to start and finish recording by sliding the switch back into the middle. Simple as that. Or slide the switch to the other side to start App Control to unlock more advanced features and sync files easily.
1. The device may be out of power, so please charge it for at least 10 minutes and try again.
2. If it still doesn't work, the device may be crashed. Please find the small hole next to the switch, then prick it with something sharp ( such as a toothpick, needle, or pin) to reset the device and try again.
P.S: The resetting process will not delete the existing files.
1. Please check if the Voice Activated Recording (VAR) function is on, since the recording may not start if the sound decibels are too low. In that situation, please turn off the VAR function to avoid this problem.
2. If the VAR is not on, please check if the device is still working. If not, please follow the steps in 'The device does not work'.
Voice-activated recording (VAR) means when you start recording in VAR mode; the microphone sensor will begin recording once sounds are over 45dB in the device's range. During silent moments, the microphone will enter standby and skip recording silence, extending the recording battery life greatly and avoiding silences.
Please identify the situation you are experiencing and follow the recommended solution to resolve the issue.
1. The App can't find the recorder- Please make sure you slide the switch to the App control mode position, and the white light is always on.
- Please make sure the Bluetooth is on
- Please make sure that Wi-Fi/ data is on
- If it's an Android phone, please turn on the Location as requested by the Android system.
2. Tap on the SN number and it keeps spinning. Nothing happens.
- Please close the app and turn off the recorder and try again in a minute.
3. None of them works.
- The device may be crashed. Please find the small hole next to the switch, then prick it with something sharp ( such as a toothpick, needle, or pin) to reset the device and try again.
1. Please check the Privacy Protection setting mode in the iZYREC app, connect the app to the device, and disable the Privacy Protection setting to avoid this problem.
2. Make sure it's not recording or the recording paused.
3. Make sure the cable you use supports data transfer. It's better to use the USB cable we provided.
1. Slide the switch towards the opposite direction of the microphone to start App Connect. Then you can sync the recordings through the iZYREC App and manage the files on your iPhone or Android phone. You can turn on Wi-Fi fast transfer in the app to allow fast sync with the device. The speed of Wi-Fi syncing is 20 times faster than that of Bluetooth.
2. Connect to Mac or Windows computer via a data cable, and wait for a few seconds before the U Disk is identified. Then you can manage the files in the CLASSROOM, INTERVIEW, MEETING, MUSIC, and RECORD folders.
The device has a 450mAh built-in lithium battery that supports 75 days of standby time with auto recording, a max of 40 recording hours in Voice-activated mode, and 30 hours of continuous recording in standard recording mode.
The recorder is equipped with an advanced Wi-Fi chip which allows you to sync your recordings at ~1mb/s, meaning one-hour recording takes only 15 seconds to finish syncing. And this will enable you to listen to your recordings instantly after completing them.
Yes, the iZYREC recorder can still record during charging. But please make sure that you don't plug it into your computer. The device does not record in U-disk mode.
iZYREC saves each recording in both WAV and ASR formats. The WAV format is compatible with most computers and mobile phones, while ASR is a particular file format for fast syncing with the app.
The Privacy setting is a unique feature developed by iZYREC. No one can access your recording when the privacy setting is on, not even when someone else possesses your device and your privacy is fully protected.
You can store up to 240 hours of standard recording with 32GB storage capacity. We have upgraded the microphone for superior audio quality by tripling the bit rate from 512Kbps to 1536Kbps for Stereo Music recording, which results in larger files equivalent to 48 hours of recording in DVD quality.
No, the device doesn't support fast charging, but it can adapt to all chargers. You can use chargers on iZYREC without any worries.
You get a 12-month worry-free warranty for the device and lifetime support with the App. And we have live chat customer support in the App to answer your questions whenever you need us, meaning your problems won't be ignored but fixed!